If your flight arrives more than 3 hours after the scheduled time, or is canceled fewer than 2 weeks before your departure date, you may be entitled to compensation, according to the European regulation 261/2004.
One of the following criteria must also apply to you:
- Your flight is operated by Air France, KLM, Delta Airlines or Kenya Airways (when departing from an airport in the European Union)
- Your flight departs from an airport within the European Union (or from outside the European Union if your flight is operated by Air France or KLM and arriving within the European Union)
- The cancelation was due to exceptional circumstances beyond Air France’s control, e.g. bad weather conditions, political instability, industrial strikes, security concerns on the ground or on board
If your departure or arrival city is in the United States, you can also submit a claim to the US Department of Transportation:
- By post: Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75 US Department of Transportation 1200 New Jersey Ave, S.E. Washington, DC 20590 United States of America
- Or go to the US Department of Transportation website